Barbecued Red Roast Pork Tenderloin
This is posted by request, and comes from the Aus Women's Weekly Chinese Cooking Class Cookbook. It's a simple recipe I make quite often. Prep time doesn't include marinating time.
- Ready In:
- 2 (375 g) lean pork fillets
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 shallot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- Combine soy sauce, red wine, honey, sugar, food colouring, crushed garlic and halved shallot in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top, add pork, marinate one hour or cover and refrigerate overnight for best results, turning occasionally.
- Drain pork fillets from marinade, reserve marinade.
- Put pork on wire rack over baking dish.
- Bake in a moderate oven 30 minutes, turning frequently with tongs and basting frequently with marinade.
- Remove from oven, put on board and allow to cool.
- Cut pork into diagonal slices to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 18 more