Recipe by Bergy
One way to get them to eat spinach!
Top Review by dale!
This surpassed my expectations. I didn't think a spinach dish could be this good! We don't have 10 ounce packs of frozen spinach but I used a 250 gram (or 8.8 ounce) pack with great results. To reduce the fat I removed 3 of the egg yolks from the recipe, using 3 whites and 3 whole eggs. I don't feel this hurt the flavour of the recipe at all. Omitted the mustard as I didn't have any. Also, silly me forgot to grease the baking dish so it did stick a bit around the edges, so don't forget this step like I did! Great recipe which everyone loved, thanks Bergy.
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, cook drained and well squeezed
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat all the ingredients (except spinach) together and mix until well blended Stir in the spinach.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Pour in the spinach mixture.
- Bake apprx 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.