Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe has been in the making for many years I just couldn't make a lasagne that had lots of flavour--until now!!!! This is a must to try if you like rich food.
- 500 g lamb, minced
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 cup red wine
- 450 ml spaghetti sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 red onions
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 pinch spices, mixed
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- Add oil to large pot. Slice onion and fry until caramelized.
- Add thyme, garlic, mixed spices.
- Chop up bacon into cubes add to pot cook until browned.
- Add red wine and boil for a few minutes.
- Add mince, fry off minces until brown then add spaghetti sauce (I use the sauce that has red wine and mushrooms). Cook for 15 minutes stirring occasionally; then add pesto, brown sugar and soya sauce.
- Turn down to low cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Before serving add creme cheese.
- Cook your favorite pasta and stir in butter and pesto.
- Serve with a small amount of sour creme on top (optional).
this is not a lasagne. Its a sauce receipe for pasta