Recipe by foodtvfan
My family's favorite pork chop recipe with a barbecue sauce containing chili sauce. Good served with roasted potatoes and carrots.
Top Review by Tee Lee
The barbecue sauce tasted awesome and was very simple to make. I halved the recipe and added 2 cloves minced garlic into the sauce ingredients. My chops were thin so I only had to bake 30 minutes. My BF and I really enjoyed this and I will definately make again!
- 6 pork chops, 1 inch thick
- cornstarch or flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery salt or 1⁄8 teaspoon curry powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Have a baking dish ready that is large enough to hold the pork chops in a single layer.
- Trim fat from chops and slash edges to keep them from curling during browning.
- Dust chops with a little cornstarch or flour (or shake in plastic bag with a little flour or cornstarch; shake off excess).
- Brown chops in oil in a large skillet or electric fry pan.
- As they are browned, place chops in a single layer in the baking dish.
- Drain excess fat from skillet, leaving about 2 tablespoons.
- Add the chopped onions and brown.
- Add the rest of the sauce ingredients and blend together.
- Stir and scrape bottom of pan to get browned bits.
- Pour sauce over chops.
- Cover and bake for one hour, or until chops are tender when pierced with a fork. Adjust cooking time if using thinner pork chops.
- Remove cover for last 15 to 20 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Baste occasionally.