1/3 Photos of Rice With Carrots and Peas (Rice Cooker)
It is suggested that this rice be served with lamb. From the Rice Cooker Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 1 TBSP of butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add the carrots and cook, stirring, until they begin to soften, 2-3 minutes.
- 3Place rice in rice cooker bowl.
- 4Add beef stock, parsley, thyme, peas and sauteed carrots; stir to combine.
- 5Close cover; set to regular cycle.
- 6When machine switches to Keep Warm cycle, let the rice steam for 10 minutes.
- 7Fluff rice with wooden or plastic rice paddle or wooden spoon.
- 8This rice will hold for 1-2 hours on Keep Warm cycle.
- 9When ready to serve, add remaining 1 TBSP butter and almonds; stir to distribute.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice With Carrots and Peas (Rice Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.7
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 334.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 5.9 g