Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Taste great, are quick and easy to make.
Make and share this Rice Krispies Treats recipe from Food.com.
- Place a small lump of margarine into a paper towel and use to grease a 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan, then wipe the pan off with a dry paper towel. This will keep the bars from sticking to the pan when they are placed on it.
- Measure margarine into saucepan; melt over low heat. Add marshmallows and cook, stirring constantly, until marshmallows are melted and mixture is very syrupy. Remove from heat.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal; stir until well-coated.
- Spread warm mixture in the greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Using waxed paper or buttered spatula press firmly into an even layer. (I normally use a butter knife to do this; dipping the knife into a glass of water occasionally will keep the Rice Krispies from sticking to it as you shove them into the pan)
- Cut into squares when cool. (This is normally about 10 minutes after placing the mixture into the pan.)
- *Flavored marshmallows (usually the ones that are green, orange, etc.) may be used to change the taste of your Treats just enough that it will be noticeable.
- **For Christmas, consider using the red and green colored Rice Krispies that normally are sold around Christmas time, to give your bars that festive holiday appearance. :-).
These are timeless and truly the best! Rice Krispies-type cereal is a staple. Does anyone put it in a bowl with milk anymore? ;)
So yummy. My whole family loved them.
My dh just loves these and gets so excited every time I make them. Thanks for posting.