Microwave Rice Krispies Treats
I was a little surprised that these were not posted on 'Zaar. Using your microwave and 1 bowl you can make these treats in less than 5 minutes. I have used a 7 ounce jar of marshmallow cream instead of the marshmallows.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 40 large marshmallows (or 4 cups mini-marshmallows)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- In a large microwave safe bowl, heat butter and marshmallows at HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until coated.
- Press mixture into 13 x 9 inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cut into squares when cool.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Here is what I did, and it turned out fine: 6 - 6 1/2 TBSP butter (if using margarine, go down to 5 1/2) 5 cups Rice Krispies 29 large marshmallows I have used these measurements for years. I usually add 2 TBSP of Peanut Butter also, but you don't have to. Melt butter in microwave. Add marshmallows and peanut butter and stir to coat. Cook approximately 2 1/2 min, stirring well several times. I always water-test my syrup for soft ball stage. Then I know it's done. Add half Rice Krispies at a time and stir, stir, stir. You will have to stir hard to coat all the krispies. Put in 8x8 square or round pan. Press down into pan. It should just fill the pan.1Reply
see 24 more