Easter Nest Rice Krispies Treats
These are such a big hit with all kids-adults too! :)
- Ready In:
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 ounce) bag shredded coconut
- green food coloring
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) package marshmallow peeps (your choice of color-I usually make 24 with blue, pink and yellow birds)
- 48 jelly beans
- Make Rice Krispies treats as directed on box.
- Lightly butter your hands.
- Pinch out a handful of the prepared Rice Krispies treats, roll in a ball, and place on wax paper.
- Form ball into a "bird nest" formation.
- While Rice Krispies nests are cooling, dye the coconut.
- Place coconut in a bowl and add green food color-shake until coated well.
- Put one Peep in the middle of the nest.
- Place green coconut around the peep.
- Place 3-6 jellybeans around each peep.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
These were FUN to make! I didnt change the recipe at all, but I did spray a muffin pan with baking spray and found it was super easy to shape the nests in there instead of by hand. Also instead of using a mixing bowl, I put the coconut and food coloring in a zip top bag and shook it up! Was super easy to make!