Cocoa Rice Krispies Treats
photo by Mandy
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 cups COCOA KRISPIES® cereal
- Melt butter with salt in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and vanilla and stir until marshmallows have melted. Add cocoa and stir well.
- Remove from heat and stir in Cocoa Krispies until evenly coated.
- Pour into a greased 13x9 baking dish. Press down until flat in the dish. A silicone spatula coated with cooking spray works nicely. Cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've had these treats that were made following the basic Rice Krispie recipe but substituting cocoa krispies for the original Rice Krispie cereal. They were okay, but not great. This version is so much better! The cocoa, salt and vanilla were the perfect addition! I will make my cocoa krispie treats like this from now on!