Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This side is sweet and spicy. Add more or less chipotle preppers to taste.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup diced red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 chipotle chiles, seeded and diced
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock or 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 scallion, sliced thin garnish
- Melt butter in large pan.
- Saute onions, peppers, and garlic in butter.
- Add rice stir to coat with the butter.
- Add corn, chipotles, and stock bring to a boil add cream (Liquid should cover all ingredients) and reduce heat to simmer and cook for 20 minute till rice is tender.
- Add more liquid if necessary.
- Plate and garnish with scallions.
We enjoyed this recipe. I had to adjust it some due to not having all the ingredients called for. I did not have chicken broth/stock so I used bouillon. Only had the boil in bag rice. I did have all the veggies including home made chipotle. I put the bouillon in the water with the bagged rice and microwaved 8 minutes and sauted the veggies while the rice was cooking. I emptied the rice into the skillet and just guessed at the amount of liquid to add back in, maybe a cup and a half. Simmered the water down and it was ready.
Made for Farmer's Market Tag 2009. This is an excellent side dish and paired well with The Perfect Steak. I only made half of the recipe and it was plenty for the three of us. I loved the sweet taste of the corn with the spicy heat of the chipotles. Thanks for posting this Rita!
Oh yeah loved the spicy kick of this dish. We made this tonited with Paulista Churrasco and they complimented each other very well. I really didnt adjust anything in this recipe and dont think I will when I make it again. Made for ZWT4.