Crab Cakes With Chipotle Peppers
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb fresh lump crabmeat
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chipotle mustard (Or your favorite)
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 yellow bell peppers or 1/2 red bell pepper, diced fine
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo, diced fine, if you don't like the heat remove the seeds
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour, for dusting
- oil (for frying)
- Mix all ingredients except the lump crab meat, flour& oil.
- Add the crabmeat gentle not to break it apart.
- You want to see nice lumps of crabmeat when you cut into it.
- Make four patties they will be delicate don't be afraid to bring them into a pattie.
- Dust each with flour place on a dish covered with plastic wrap and chill for one hour.
- In a large pan pour enough oil to coat bottom of pan.
- Brown on each side till nice crisp and brown.
- Just a couple of minutes each side.
- Serve with Recipe #120370.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation