Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
These ribs take a little time to prep, but well worth the time you spend putting everything together.
- 1 rack pork back ribs
For the rub
- 2.46 ml Chinese five spice powder
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml hot mustard powder (you can use regular dry mustard)
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
For the sauce
- 0 low sodium soy sauce
- 29.58 ml granulated sugar
- 22.18 ml hoisin sauce
- 14.79 ml rice vinegar
- 1.23 ml Chinese five spice powder
- 2.46 ml sesame oil
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 29.58 ml ketchup
- 44.37 ml honey
- 4.92 ml sriracha sauce
- In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the rub. Rinse the ribs and pat dry. Rub the rub mixture all over the ribs, wrap in plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours or over night.
- To make the sauce: In a small saucepan over medium heat, add all the ingredients and mix until well combined. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once sauce comes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- When you are ready to grill – preheat your grill to 375 degrees. Wrap the ribs in aluminum foil and grill over indirect heat for 1 hour. Carefully remove the ribs from the foil and place directly over the heat. Allow to grill for another 15-20 minutes, basting periodically with the sauce. Remove and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting into.
The rub and sauce are wonderful! I made these ribs exactly as posted, since that is what I do with a new recipe. However, these ribs weren't as tender as I am used to , probably due to the short cooking time. I really liked the sauce, and will try it on chicken as well. Thanks for sharing!