Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe says spring. It is easy to prepare and even easier to eat. My family devours it and we are not dessert people. It is from the Company's Coming cookbook series.
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 354.88 ml granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 473.18 ml finely chopped rhubarb
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 14.79 ml butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar together in mixing bowl.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in sour cream and vanilla.
- Mix flour and baking soda together and fold into batter.
- Stir in rhubarb.
- Turn into greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Topping: Mix all ingredients together until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over top.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until done.
Hi Kate in Ontario. I am familiar with this recipie and it is great! I also make it with apples or blueberries. It's good too. I actually got the recipie from a german lade. thnx for the recipie on recipezaar because I had lost mine. Great cake!!!!
Just made this over the weekend! It was light and not overly sweet. The only difference in my preparation, was that I added 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to the batter. Thanks for posting a great recipe!
This was so good and Moist.The only changes I made was to use 1 1/2 cups rhubarb and next time I might double the toppings it made it taste so yummy.