Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- pickling cucumber
- 4 -9 cloves garlic, 2 to 3 per jar
- 2 grape leaves (optional)
- 1 head dill
- 2 quarts water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Use large canning jar.
- Place 2-3 cloves garlic, grape leaves (optional), and a couple sprigs of dill on the bottom of each jar.
- Boil together 2 quarts water, vinegar, salt, and sugar.
- Stir, turn off and let cool.
- Pack jars with cucumbers and pour cooled solution to completely cover cucumbers.
- Refrigerate and ready in 3-4 days.
LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe! So easy. Crushed the garlic, lots of peppercorns, dill & a few hot peppers, and they are like zesty claussens. I did spears, hamburger slices and wholes. Poured the brine on warm, and the slices were done that evening, gonna do another batch tomorrow. Can you process and "can" these??
this is a very good pickle recipe i cant believe there arn't more reviews the grape leaves are a must and you have to use kohser salt and i found out this brine makes awesome pickled eggs thanks for sharing
These are very good, however, I felt they were a little lacking in the dill area, so I doubled the dill. YUM! I now have a batch with little tobasco peppers in them, can't wait to try that.