1/4 Photos of Reduced-Calorie Banana Bread
1 hr 5 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
This banana bread is good & moist, lower in calories and fat. The recipe comes from Ladies Home Journal with rave reviews. Good with nutmeg, added with the cinnamon. I made this using Splenda for Baking,1/3 cup, was plenty sweet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder,baking soda, cinnamon, and salt,set aside.
- 2In a large mixing bowl stir together egg whites, banana, sugar, and oil; Stir flour mixture into banana mixture until JUST moistened.
- 3Spray a 8x4x2-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray; Spread batter in prepared pan.
- 4Bake in a 350 degree oven 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted near middle comes out clean.
- 5Cool bread in the pan for 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool throughly on a wire rack; for eaiser slicing, wrap the bread in plastic wrap and store overnight.
- 6Make ahead directions; cool completely, wrap in release foil, then seal in a plastic bag, freeze for up to 3 months.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Reduced-Calorie Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (618 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1918.7
- Calories from Fat 512
- Total Fat 56.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1490.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 330.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 169.0 g
- Protein 28.2 g