Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Courtesy of Hershey's Easy Baking.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup pecans or 3⁄4 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup butter, cold
- 12 ounces raspberry jam, seedless
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Stir together flour, sugar, pecans (or almonds) and egg in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture.
- Press remaining crumb mixture on bottom of prepared pan.
- Stir jam to soften; carefully spread over crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Crumble remaining crumb mixture evenly over top.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into bars.
These are so yummy! Like eating candy. I might try making them with semi sweet choco chips to cut the sweet down a little but they are wonderful the way they are.
Very good, my roommate said they were one of her favorite bars. They went quickly!
I'm a big fan of raspberries as well as of chocolate, so this recipe is right down my alley! Loved everything about it, what can I say! Am also partial to almonds so used them! Next time I make these bars, I'll have to share them with someone else!! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Newest Zaar Tag, 08A, game]