Raspberry, Walnut, & Chocolate Bars
I just enjoy Raspberry, Walnuts, & Chocolate so together they go into this bar cookie.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour, divided
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1⁄2 2 eggs or 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- powdered sugar, glaze (optional)
- MIX 1-1/2 cups of the flour, butter and 1/3 cup of the brown sugar with electric mixer at low speed; press mixture onto bottom of ungreased 13X9-inch baking pan.
- BAKE at 350°F for 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread raspberry preserves over crust.
- MIX remaining 1/4 cup flour, 1 cup brown sugar, egg product, baking powder and salt. Spread over raspberry layer; sprinkle with walnuts and chips.
- BAKE at 350°F for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Drizzle with powdered sugar glaze. Cut into bars.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is the second time that I have made these delicious cookie bars. I made them the first time for Christmas and forgot to review them. I made them again for our Rose Society meeting. They got RAVE REVIEWS, everyone loved them. I passed your the recipe on to others. The first time I made them as the recipe stated, BUT, this time I used almost a cup of Raspberry preserves, a cup of walnuts and chocolate chips, YUMMY :) Rita, thanks for sharing your recipe.