Recipe by RecipeNut
This sounds delicious! Posting her for save keeping!
Top Review by Clbrowning
I made this last night. The recipe was so interesting I had to try it. My husband kept looking at it and asking me over and over what was in it. He said, it looks gross. He ate 3 bowl and made a big bowl to take to work the next day. He said, you hit on something here baby. This stuff is delicious. I agree with him. It's awesome!!
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb dried red lentils
- 1 whole onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, links or 1 lb hot Italian sausage link
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 5-quart soup pot, bring broth, water, lentils, onion, garlic, cumin, and cayenne pepper to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chorizo or sausage links and cook 12 to 15 minutes, or until fully cooked. When cool enough to handle, cut chorizo into slices. Add to soup, along with spinach, and cook 3 to 4 minutes longer, until spinach is wilted.