Chestnut and Chorizo Soup
- Ready In:
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add the onion and garlic and sauté for 4-5 minutes, until soft.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for five minutes.
- then add the chestnuts and simmer for a further three minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer until everything is tender.
- Allow the soup to cool a little, then liquidise it in batches.
- Return the soup to the pan, add the chorizo and simmer for a few minutes, or until hot.
- Serve with the parsley as garnish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A very creative recipe, and quite tasty. However, the chorizo dominates the flavor. I was looking forward to getting to taste chestnuts for the first time, but I'm still not sure what they taste like.<br/><br/>Also, one thing I would change is the prep time. We started making this recipe at 6:50 p.m. and couldn't eat it until 8 p.m. We had just harvested the chestnuts from our tree, and it took about 30 minutes to score them, boil them and peel their shells off. Then it also takes a while to chop the garlic, onion and tomatoes. Definitely more effort than 25 minutes.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in the South of England, no kids but preparing for one day cooking for a whole brood hopefully! I love Australia most of all for food - exotic food but also hearty homecooked aswell. I enjoy salsa to burn off the excess calories and one day again i hope to be some good at it!