Chickpea and Chorizo Soup
photo by Chabear01
- Ready In:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can of chopped stewed tomatoes
- 2 3⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 3 1⁄2 ounces diced chorizo sausage
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- crouton, to serve
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Heat the oil in a stock pot and cook the onion until soft and translucent.
- Add the stock, tomatoes, carrots, celery, potato and chickpeas. Cover and simmer for approximately 25 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
- Add the chorizo and heat through.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with parsley and croutons.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a great soup! The broth is so tasty and I liked the fact that you used such light and healthy vegetables in your recipe, as the chorizo is very rich. I added 2 cloves of minced garlic to the pan with the onions, and sauteed them for 2 minutes when the onions were done. We really loved this soup; thanks so much, Sylvie, for posting.
Believe it or not I went to the market 3 times today, each time thinking I WILL remember to pick up some celery...good ol old timers disease, and no celery. Soooo, I made this with some celery seed instead. Not only is this an easy recipe, I do believe it could be done in the crockpot by working moms and college students, it is also very delicious. One heck of a good comfort food. Thank You for the GREAT recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi, I'm 31 and cooking and living in England. I was born in Germany and that's where I grew up and lived until I came to the UK to go to University in 1998. I never went back to live in Germany, even though all my family is still there.