Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this in Taste of Home magazine and I think the combination sounds so good I wanted to save it. They recommended serving with Sauerbraten, but I'm thinking it'd go great with pork chops. Haven't tried it yet, but it's going to be on my Fall menu plan soon.
- In Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
- In drippings, saute onion and apple until tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce ehat; cover and simmer fo r30 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in reserved bacon.
Loved the red cabbage! I added more sugar than called for, cuz I like mine pretty sweet. Made for ZWT and the Saucy Silervados.