Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this from one of my Australian Womens Weekly recipe books.
Make and share this Really Easy Strawberry Jam recipe from Food.com.
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a medium heavy based pan. allow to stand for 10 minutes
- Add lemon juice.
- Stir gently over low to medium heat until all the sugar dissolves.
- Bring slowly to the boil, reduce heat and simmer on low to medium heat for 35 minutes or until jam gels when tested.
- Remove jam from heat and allow bubbles to subside.
- Set aside for 2 minutes then ladle hot mixture into sterilized jars. seal immediately.
- Store in cool, dark place. Refrigerate after opening.
I made this last week and opened a jar this morning for breakfast. It turned out beautiful. It tastes delicious and it gelled up just as the recipe said. After the jar had sealed and cooled, I placed it in the refrigerator which must have helped gel a little more. My family really loved this jam. This recipe is going into my Keeper File. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful recipe.
For flavour this is definately 5*... but boiled and boiled and boiled and it did not set up as I would have liked. I used splenda instead of regular sugar this should have not made any difference to the setting up, it has made no difference when I made other like jams, In the end I added about half an envelope of pectin and it did set up some but is more loose than what we are used to having, but the flavour makes up for it and it will be delicious on icecream etc. Thanks for posting it was very easy to do.
This is the same exact recipe I use and it is sooo easyy and so much better than any store bought jam!! The only thing I do different is use equal amounts of strawberries and sugar, by weight. My family lovesss this jam!!