Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Mouthwatering Goodness!!! Costs about $2.50 to make!
Make and share this Ranchero Black and Pinto Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups leftover ham, diced
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 lb garden green beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- Cook black and pinto beans. (Because they take so long to cook, I prefer to cook these in large batches and freeze them in 2 cup portions.).
- Thaw ham and beans. Dice ham. Chop onion.
- Add oil to skillet, then add onion and ham. Toss in partially or completely thawed beans. Add can of Rotel, undrained. Stir and sauted for 4-5 minutes.
- Steam garden green beans for 4-5 minutes in microwave.
- Thaw brown rice in microwave. (Just like the beans, I prefer to cook up a big batch of brown rice and freeze them in 3 cup portions -- enough for our family!).
- Serve Ranchero Black and Pinto Beans over Rice with Green Beans on the side.
- Cost about $2.50.