- 2 cups rice, uncooked
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings or 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 -8 slices bacon, crispy (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 cups water
- 10 ounces can Ro-Tel tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- In large castiron skillet, heat bacon drippings (or oil). Add rice and saute until lightly brown.
- Add chili powder and garlic.
- Add bell pepper and onion, stirring well.
- Add Ro-Tell, water, and boullian.
- Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until rice is soft--about 10-15 minutes. May add water if needed. Taste and add salt if necessary.
- Crumble baco and add to rice before serving.