Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
originally from "Quick Cooking" magazine
Make and share this Ranch Dressing Mix Plus recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 cup saltine, finely crushed (about 15 crackers)
- 1⁄2 cup dried onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup onion salt
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup onion powder
- 2 tablespoons dill weed
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups buttermilk
For Thousand Island Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
For Cucumber Dressing
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded (pureed)
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- In a large mixing bowl, combine first 8 ingredients; mix well.
- Store in airtight container in a cool dry place. YIELD: 3 cups mix (enough to make 24 batches of ranch salad dressing). For Ranch Salad Dressing: In a bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of mix with mayonnaise and buttermilk.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- For Thousand Island Dressing: Add chili sauce and pickle relish to 1 cup prepared ranch dressing.
- For Cucumber Dressing: Add cucumber and celery seed to 1 cup of prepared ranch salad dressing.
Easy to make and so much better than running to the store. Thanks for the recipe.
This has become the "Go-to" dressing in our home. The "Ranch" variety is our favorite. We serve it alone whenever a salad is involved. Guests have asked where we buy it, and "Why is it in a tub?" "Where's the bottle?" "Is this a secret?" We just smile and say "It's our own blend.." It seems to keep forever, and opens up a lot of space in our 'fridge door... Thank you, Ms Nancy!
Made the ranch dressing and it tastes just like the bottled dressing. I only needed 1/2 cup of dressing for another recipe and it was great to be able to make it up rather than having to buy an entire bottle.