This recipe is adapted from a Low Salt Favorites recipe. (sodium per 2 tablespoons =39mg) This is a low sodium recipe, however the website's software will not allow me to choose that option. Cook Time = Minimum Chilling Time (24 hrs is better)
- 2⁄3 cup no-salt-added buttermilk (not powdered)
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream (your favorite brand)
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash dried thyme or 1 dash dill weed
- Mix all ingredients together well, and refrigerate until well chilled (at least 1 hour). If you can chill it for 24 hours before using it, the flavors will have longer to meld.
More like ranch flavored water.no creamy texture at all.
I made this last night for dinner tonight. I love the ease of making and the fact I had all ingredients on hand. Personally, I found the teaspoon of mustard to be too much-I would drastically reduce it, or swap it for a mild, tany dijon mustard next time I make this.