Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These impressive pastries are so simple using refrigerated crescent rolls and a few pantry staples. Based on Pillsbury recipe.
- 8 ounces crescent roll dough, 8 roll tube
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Unroll dough in one long rectangle and press to seal perforations.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over dough.
- Roll up jelly roll style <like a log> starting from the short end and pinch seam to seal.
- Using a serrated knife slice into 4 equal slices. (I use unwaxed dental floss threading underneath the 'log' and then crossing the ends above the 'log'(floss makes an O around the dough, floss ends form a V) Pull ends to draw floss through to cut dough. Makes a cleaner cut.).
- Place rolls pinched side down in ungreased muffin tin.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until brown. Cool for 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack.
- Mix powdered sugar and orange juice to make a thin glaze. Drizzle over the warm rolls and serve.
I woke up to a cinnamon roll kinda morning...and this recipe had the easiness I needed! My only change was that I used brown sugar. My family was very happy with the results!! THANK YOU. =)
Quick and easy weekend breakfast!
I made a double batch of these rolls to the delight of my DS and DD who were over for breakfast. They don't take any time at all to throw together and they were excellent! I added some apple pie filling on top of the crescent rolls, then added the cinnamon and sugar before I rolled them up. The result was a nice sweet cinnamony apple roll. I added apple juice to the powdered sugar instead of the orange juice. Everyone dove in and I got raves first thing in the morning, which made my day!