Karen's Krazy Kitchen's Note:
This is a pretty, quick and tasty stew. I like to serve it over egg noodles and topped with parmesan cheese. If I'm in the mood for spicy and smokey, I add one or two finely chopped chipotles with some of the adobo sauce when I add the tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large bell peppers, red and yellow if you can find them, cut into one half inch squares
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, hand squeezed and juices retained
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Trim fat from pork and season with salt and pepper.
- 2Heat olive oil in a heavy bottomed pot over medium high heat.
- 3Add the pork and cook for about 3 minutes, turning until browned on all sides.
- 4Reduce the heat to medium, add the onion and peppers and cook for about 5 minutes, or until onions have softened.
- 5Add the garlic after the onions and peppers have cooked for 2 minutes.
- 6Stir in the tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- 7Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 8Taste it once simmering and adjust the salt and pepper to suite you taste.
- 9Add the chopped basil and parsley, stir once and serve.
- 10Note: If using dried basil and parsley, add to the pot when you add the tomatoes.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Pork Stew With Peppers and Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.1
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 95.2 mg
- Sodium 667.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 31.9 g