Rotini Pasta With Broccoli Cream Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 lb fresh broccoli, cut up
- 1 lb rotini pasta (or your favorite)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese
- Cook broccoli in boiling salted water until tender.
- Reserve cooking water and remove broccoli to cool in ice water.
- Replace cooking water on heat and let it return to a boil.
- Cook pasta in water until tender and drain well.
- With food processor running, drop cloves of garlic into top feeder tube and let run until garlic is minced.
- Add broccoli and cream and process until smooth.
- Remove broccoli mixture to large skillet, add butter and heat slowly only until the butter melts.
- Add pasta to broccoli cream and heat through until thickened.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Place on serving plate and top with Parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in upstate New York. I am retired and now have time to enjoy my children, my grandchildren and great grandchildren.