Need a fast, flaky crust? This delicious recipe is so much cheaper than ready-made pie crusts! High altitude tested.
- Mix flour and salt with fork.
- Beat oil and water with whisk or fork to thicken.
- Pour into flour and mix with fork.
- Press into 9" pie crust.
- Fill with quiche mixture and bake at 400F until done.
- NOTES: I've never made this with canola oil.
- You can double the recipe, divide dough in half, and roll out into a pair of rounds for two-crust pies.
- This recipe is not suitable for baked pie crust shells.
- It makes a nice, flaky crust that's suitable for everyday use.