Easy Cheesy Bacon Quiche
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 0.5 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 (1 lb) package bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) package colby-monterey jack cheese, blend shredded
- 6 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- chopped cooked bacon, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; fit pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate, crimping edges as desired.
- Bake crust 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle bacon and cheese evenly over crust.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and half and half together.
- Whisk in salt and pepper.
- Pour over cheese.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until center is set.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
- Garnish with chopped cooked bacon, if desired.
My husband and I decided to have a "homemade" Valentine's Day this year and we chose this quiche as our main course for dinner. The only changes I made were to use half the Monterrey jack and half shredded Gruyere. I used a frozen "deep dish" pie crust after reading the reviews of how much this recipe made and it was perfect. I was blown away when all the egg mixture fit into the cheese filled crust. It was awesome! The cheeses and bacon to me, were the life of the party! :) Thanks for the recipe Lainey!
Yum. I didn't have some ingredients, so I changed it a bit, using your basic measurements. I didn't have bacon, so I used a 12 oz (Jimmy Dean's Reduced Fat) pork ground sausage. I browned that with about a 1/2 cup onion and added that to the pie shell (which I forgot to prebake, but it was fine). I used 4 eggs and 1/2 cup half and half because I thought that the sausage would be more bulky than the prescribed bacon, but it was fine - I probably could have used 6. Thanks!
This is fantastic!!!! I made all the bacon the day before with pancakes and then saved it in frig til this morning. I only added about half the bacon and cheese, as it was filling up pie shell with out the egg mixture added. I wasn't able to quite fit all the egg mixture in and almost spilled it putting it into the oven, but all was fine. I liked this recipe as there wasn't any green pepper, mushrooms or onions, which one of my two kids, dislikes one or more of those. I am cutting the leftovers into individual pieces and freezing to enjoy for a quick breakfast or anytime!!! Thanks for sharing Lainey. Made for Photo tag.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!