Zucchini and Bacon Quiche
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
An Excellent simple dinner. The kids won't know they are eating vegetables. The bacon adds the perfect smoky complement to the dinner. Enjoy savory simplicity and use up those summer zucchinis!
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 6 pieces bacon
- 3 cups zucchini, finely chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- Unfold crescent rolls and place in pie plate, forming a crust.
- Spread mustard on the bottom of the pie crust.
- Cook bacon. Set aside.
- Saute onion and zucchini in bacon grease.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix eggs, spices and cheese.
- Crumble bacon and add to egg mixture.
- When zucchini is soft, add to egg mixture.
- Mix well.
- Pour into prepared pie plate.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was great!! I tried to double this recipe and actually came out with three, two with crust, one without. I had two medium zucchini to get rid of so I put those in the food processor and then sauteed with some green onions and garlic. Since I'm lazy I used Italian Seasoning and pepper instead of each spice on its own as well as using bacon bits instead of frying the bacon. We topped with a little parm and devoured these. Thanks so much!!Reply
I admit to making some changes to use up what I had on hand, but the basic recipe is wonderful. Very filling and satisfying on a chilly night after a full day of work and errand running. Went together beautifully. It's the first time I've used zucchini in a quiche, but wont' be the last! I added a few mushrooms and a sprinkle of green pepper along with a BIG dose of minced garlic and black pepper. I, too, used pie crust 'cause that's what I had. Next time I'll try the crescent rolls. Thanks for a wonderful recipe!Reply
My 4 year old professed to hate it but ate his entire serving (believe me if he didn't like it he would NOT have eaten it!) My 9 year old ate all his, too! What a great way to get zucs into the kiddos. This is going into my routine. Thank so much for such a tasty and easy dinner. (I used "Healthy Pie Crust #820" for the crust. I used whole wheat pastry flour and pressed it with my fingertips into the pan.) Very, very yummy!Reply
see 4 more