Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick and tasty complete meal.
Make and share this Quick Jambalaya recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) package brown and serve sausages
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled & divined
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Cut sausage in 1 inch diagonal slices. Cook in 10 inch skillet according to package directions. Drain most of fat.
- Sauté onions and green peppers in skillet for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add 1 1/2 cups chicken stock and remaining ingredients including cooked rice.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.