Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I am tired of the cost and similar taste of all the canned soups out there, but I wanted something that was almost as easy to fix for lunch. As an added plus, my son said it was the best vegetable soup he had ever had! I've used all the combinations of the 3 types of vegetable mixes and have liked them all. I like adding the chickpeas for my protein, but the family prefers the chicken.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag green beans, corn, carrots & peas
- 1 (12 ounce) bag broccoli, carrots, sugar snap peas, & water chestnuts or 1 (12 ounce) bag broccoli, corn, carrots, cauliflower & red peppers
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 -2 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- broiled chicken, diced (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (optional)
- Steam the veggies in the microwave as directed on each of the bags you choose to use.
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in 1 cup of hot water. Combine vegetables, bouillon broth, sugar and tomatoes in large sauce pan. Added more water to cover vegetables if necessary. Chicken and/or chickpeas can be added if desired. Let simmer for 15 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
- Notes: we like the sugar in it because it cuts some of the acidity of the tomatoes. It also works well to place all the ingredients in a crock-pot and refrigerate overnight. Then just heat for about 4 hours on low for an easy meal the next day.