Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This originally came from a Taste of Home in '94. I've adapted it to my family's style and have made it a quicker and easier meal
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 10 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- Add 1/2 the butter (1/4 c) to 13 x 9 baking pan and put in the oven to melt butter.
- Combine Flour, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Coat Chicken in Flour mixture.
- Take pan with melted butter out of oven.
- Put dredged chicken thighs into pan, turning to coat with butter Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
- Mix brown sugar, honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, curry powder and remaining butter.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake 20 minutes more or until chicken is tender, basting several times with drippings from the pan.
This is an amazingly fantastic recipe! I made a couple changes. I substituted (all equal substitutions) chili powder for the cayenne pepper, maple syrup for the honey, left out the soy sauce as I had none, and cumin for the curry powder, then baked as directed, and served it over pasta. It came out so moist and delicious! The brown sugar really gives it a great texture and taste.
I made a few changes to suit our tastes too, and this was a HUGE hit in our family! I mixed flour, seasoned salt, a little curry powder, and cinnamon instead of cayenne. I also beat an egg with milk, and after coating the chicken, I dipped in egg wash and coated them again. The only change to the sauce I made was to omit the lemon juice to make it even sweeter, and added cinnamon when I added the curry. This will be a permanent addition to our rotation! Thanks for posting!
We enjoyed this very much! The chicken was very tender and the sauce was quite tasty. I will make this again for sure! Thanks!