Garlic, Lemon & Honey Chicken
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup white wine or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Combine the garlic, wine, Worcestershire sauce, 1 Tbs of the oil, and lemon juice and marinate the chicken for at least 15 minutes, preferably a bit longer and up to 1 day.
- Heat the remaining oil or a mixture of oil and butter in a large skillet. Mix together the flour, salt and pepper in a shallow pie pan or something similar. Take the chicken from the marinade (but save the marinade!) and dredge it in the flour mix. Saute the chicken in the oil/butter mix until browned on all sides, about 8-10 minutes.
- Mix the honey in with the marinade. Pour this over the chicken, cover, and simmer 20-25 minutes, until the chicken is done.
- Serve over pasta or rice for a more filling meal.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm adjusting to cooking for one, even when I only cooked for two, i made enough for an army. I live with my three cats [[i know, you're thinking crazy cat lady]] I love to cook for parties; appetizers, drinks, sweets...cooking for people makes me so much happier than just cooking for myself. Sundays are my all day cook-a-thons. Nothing beats a lazy Sunday, spent making an all day dish and watching football [[I'm torn between Packers and Jets, but I'm leaning toward the latter]] <br> <br>I'm trying to improve my baking skills [[or lackthereof]] Now that I'm on my own, with nothing but time to fill, I'm excited to try my hand at cakes && cookies && pies. <br> <br>I've also recently decided to cut meat out of my diet, so I'm on the lookout for declicious, easy vegetarian//vegan recipes. It really is amazing how once you stop focusing on meat in a meal, your eyes sort of open up for so many possibilities. I love it. <br> <br> <br>I'm a real simple lady.