Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very quick & easy meal. It's a great way to use left over chicken or turkey. I serve it over buttered toast. To dress it up a bit I serve it over puff pastry.
- 1 cup frozen peas or 1 cup canned peas
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups chicken or 2 -2 1⁄2 cups turkey, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- In a medium saucepan melt butter. Add flour to make a paste.
- Slowly add broth and milk.
- With a wire whisk stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Add warm peas and chicken or turkey.
- Heat through.
- Serve over buttered toast or puff pastry.
This certainly was quick and easy! We used leftover turkey. The only variation was, we added a cup of sliced carrots along with the peas. The butter and flour mixture had an interesting consistency while it cooked. It made a very smooth and rich sauce. We got four hearty servings out of it. Thanks for the great recipe!