Quick & Easy Chicken a La King
Super easy & quick version of "Chicken A La King" using ingredients you most likely have on hand. Kid friendly, too.
- Ready In:
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup fine chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 dash pepper
- Place chicken in microwave-safe container, with just enough water to cover. Microwave on high until done/no longer pink in the center (12-15 minutes, depending on size of breasts).
- Dice cooked chicken and set aside.
- In small saucepan, melt butter. Sauté onions and carrots, with parsley, until tender.
- In separate small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1/2 cup of chicken broth, whisk until smooth.
- Add to saucepan/veggie mix, along with remaining broth. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, add frozen peas and cooked chicken. Boil for additional 2 minutes.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or hot, buttered noodles.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I needed a quick chicken dish tonight and found this. What a good find it was, DH loved it and is still bemoaning the fact that he ate everything left in the pan and he doesn't have any for lunch tomorrow, lol. I mixed the cornstarch with milk as thats how my mom did it. I think that this recipe has been feeding people for a very long time :D. Thanks much for sharing.1Reply