Best Ever Chicken a La King
photo by aylett
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces mushrooms, reserve liquid
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 4 ounces chopped pimiento
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- Cook and stir drained mushrooms and green pepper in butter over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Blend in flour, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in bouillon, milk, wster, wine and reserved mushroom liquid. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken and pimento. Heat through.
- Serve over rice, biscuits or toast.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!