1/2 Photos of Quick Creamy Tomato Soup With Herbs
This quick soup is a match for gourmet variety. Start to finish is 15 minutes. From the local paper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion (about 1/2 cup chopped)
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup low-fat milk (or whole milk or half-and-half)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- garlic-herb crouton, for garnish
- snipped fresh herb, for garnish
- 1Heat the olive oil in a 4 1/2 quart Dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat. Peel and finely chop the onion and add it to the pot. Stir and cook for 2 minutes. Meanwhile, open the tomato and sauce cans.
- 2Add the garlic, and stir and cook for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes with their juices and the tomato sauce. Raise the heat to high, and bring the soup to a boil.
- 3Reduce the heat to low. Stir in the milk and parmesan cheese. Do not boil the soup after the milk has been added. Stir and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and serve at once. Garnish with croutons and fresh snipped herbs.
- 4NOTE: Use the Del Monte brand of diced tomatoes seasoned with basil, garlic and oregano. If you can't find the seasoned tomatoes, add 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil and dried oregano with plain diced tomatoes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Creamy Tomato Soup With Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.1
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 684.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano