Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is such an easy way to make chicken and dumplings! And only 5 ingredients (not counting the pepper). Our grandmothers never had it so simple. This recipe comes from Southern Living magazine, Jan., 2002)
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups water
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules (omit if using broth)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Bring the first 4 ingredients to a boil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring often.
- Separate biscuits in half, forming 2 rounds; cut each round in half. Add chopped chicken to the boiling mixture and return to a boil. Then drop biscuit pieces, 1 at a time, into boiling mixture; stir gently. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer. stirring occasionally 15-20 minutes.
- NOTE: To lighten this dish: Use reduced-sodium, reduced-fat cream of chicken soup; reduced-fat biscuits; and chopped cooked chicken breast halves.
My Husband and I loved this recipe. Absolutely delicious !!! So simple to make too. The only change I will make is cut back on the amount of pepper. Thank you for the recipe.