Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
this tastes very closely to arby's roast beef sandwiches!
Make and share this Quick Barbecued Beef Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 737.08 g can Campbell's condensed tomato soup (Regular or 25% Less Sodium)
- 59.14 ml water
- 29.58 ml packed brown sugar
- 29.58 ml vinegar
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 680.38 g thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 12 pepperidge farm farmhouse premium white sesame seed rolls, split and toasted
- Heat oil in saucepot. Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add soup, water, sugar, vinegar and Worcestershire. Heat to a boil. Cook over low heat 5 minute Add beef and heat through. Serve beef mixture on rolls.
Very good-- perfect for an "I don't feel like cooking" night! :) I had 1lb of deli sliced roast beef, and mini sub buns-- with that, we got about six sandwiches out of this. The buns stated in the recipe much be much smaller than ours. This was quick, easy, and kid approved (ages 4 and 7).
Yummmmmy! We all gave this 5 stars because it was very flavourful. Part of my 5 stars was because it was easy to make. I thought it would be too strong, but it was just right. I didn't use those rolls because we have other ones. The only note is that my DH said it tastes nothing like an Arby's sandwich, because it has way more flavour! Made for Spring 2009 PAC. Thanks!