Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick and easy weeknight meal. If you ever serve Hamburger Helper, make this instead, its just as easy and tastes better! You can use tomato paste and a dash of sugar in place of ketchup.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- cooked wide egg noodles
- Brown onion and ground beef together.
- Drain fat from pan and add 3/4 can of beef broth.
- In remaining broth mix flour to thicken and add to pan.
- Stir in sour cream, ketchup, Worcestershire, and mushrooms.
- Salt and pepper to taste and cook until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Serve over egg noodles.
We liked this but I was suprised at how much I could taste the ketchup. Mine also didn't thicken up so I had to add some cornstarch to get it to thicken. It was fast and easy and that is always a winner in my book.
I hate to give it such a poor rating but no one in my house liked it. Followed the recipe but then had to add a little more seasoning. So bland. Will not make again.
Quick, easy, and adaptable - better than the Hamburger Helper version. Next time I'll probably add a little more flour and a little less ketchup. If you want more flavor you can add other things without killing the entire recipe. Overall it's a good, inexpensive meal. I'll make this one again. Thanks!