I don't recall where I got this recipe but this is a quick and easy weeknight dinner. My family loves this dish. You can also just make the noodles and use as a side dish. Also freezes well.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Marinate chicken in the 8 ounces of ranch dressing. Marinate for 30 minutes. I normally marinate for about 8 hours (I leave it in the fridge while I am at work).
- Cook chicken until done.
- While chicken is cooking, cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- Drain and add butter.
- Add the ranch packet, half and half and parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Add chicken to noodle mixture and serve.
- If you want a creamier sauce add more half and half. Or if you like more cheese, add it.
- This also freezes well if you undercook the noodles before freezing.
- When ready to cook, thaw in the fridge the night before and reheat in the microwave. You may need to add more half and half when reheating.
Quick and easy to make. Always looking for new ideas for chicken breasts and we really like pasta making this recipe a must try. Made using all the ingredients and following through on the instructions as posted. While for the two of us the half and half and cheese was okay as we try for heart smart - for a guest meal I would do as two of the previous reviewers suggest and add both more half and half as well as the cheese for added flavour. Next time around will go with the Penne pasta rather than the egg noodles - and yes there will be a next time! (later in the evening as we watched the World Ladies Curling semi finals we enjoyed your Chocolate Covered Raisins!) Thank you for sharing.
Made this especially for my other half since he really enjoys Parmesan cheese, & it was good as leftovers the next day, too. I was with a previous reviewer in adding a bit more half-&-half along as well as cheese, but followed the recipe for the rest of it! A nice way to vary the chicken breasts that I'm always preparing! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Very good!! I did add a little extra 1/2 and 1/2 and cheese but otherwise made it as is. I marinated the chicken for 4 hours before cooking. DH worked late so I just put a few drops of 1/2&1/2 on his before I microwaved it and it was creamy just like when I first made it. Made for PRMR 5/2010.