Recipe by Theresa P
I got this recipe from a neat little book called "101 Things to do with a Cake Mix" by Stephany Ashcraft. I got this book from my gran for Christmas! I am posting a few of the recipes I have not seen here before for all to enjoy!
Top Review by Daphne2002
This stuff is addictive! Just as the name suggests, it is quick and easy. I had a box of cake mix I needed to use up and this was the perfect way, it adds such a great flavor! My only complaint is that it doesn't "crisp", the cake mix is exactly the same when it comes out as when it went in (except for the layer directly over the apples) The very top is so much the same that it will fly away when you blow it (which I was doing a lot of because it was so darn good I couldn't wait for it to cool when I took it out of the oven!) Edited to add: I have discovered the problem with this recipe. The ingredients state one box of yellow cake mix, but really it should be about 9 ounces of cake mix, which is about half of the typical sized box you buy in the US. Hope that helps!
- 4 -6 apples
- 1⁄4 cup butter (I would use butter) or 1⁄4 cup margarine (I would use butter)
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup quick oats
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Place in a well greased 8x8-inch baking pan.
- Mix cake mix, oats, sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Melt butter and pour over the top of the dry cake mixture and mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle this over apples.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until golden.