Maple and Orange Glazed Chicken
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I use 8 chicken thighs)
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour, seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 grated orange, zest of
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Pick any visible fat from off the chicken and wash and dry.
- Dredge the pieces of chicken in the seasoned flour, patting to remove excess flour.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Pan fry the chicken, presentation side first, in the hot olive oil until nicely browned on both sides.
- While the chicken is browning, combine the remaining ingredients in a measuring cup.
- Remove the browned chicken from the pan and place in a shallow casserole dish.
- Add the sauce ingredients, scraping to deglaze the pan, then pour over the chicken in the dish.
- Bake in a 350*F oven for 20 minutes until nicely glazed and the chicken is cooked through.
Join The Conversation
I thought this chicken was *fabulous*! I made the recipe as written, using boneless/skinless chicken breasts, with the exception of substituting in reduced sodium soy sauce for the regular. I knew I would like it, and I was not disappointed. I kept cutting off bites of chicken and soaking up the extra sauce with them. Mmmm. Next time I might let the chicken breasts rest for a few minutes, cut them into thin slices, and then pour the extra sauce over them.. Served with green beans and rice. It was SO good. Thank you so much for shring!