Recipe by Sydney Mike
Have no idea where this recipe came from, but it's been in my files for about 20 years & it makes a comfortingly tasty soup.
Top Review by The Tiny Chef
I used vegetable broth instead of chicken broth for the V*gan Swap November 2008. This was really easy to put together and brought both the pumpkin and corn flavors together in harmony. I used one 16 oz. bag of frozen corn instead, and it still turned out great. I also upped the onion a bit because my family enjoys onion.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (11 ounce) cans sweet corn, drained
- 1⁄8 cup onion, finely chopped
- 0.5 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, combine broth, corn & onion.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat, cover & simmer 20-25 minutes until onion is tender.
- Stir in pumpkin & blend well.
- Cover & simmer 5-10 minutes until thoroughly heated.
- Add half-and-half, salt & pepper.
- Cook & stir until thoroughly heated, but DO NOT BOIL.