1 hr 30 mins
A wonderful choice for your holiday meal! You will never make just a plain old pumpkin pie again! The cheesecake can be made the day before and actually tastes better if made ahead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- toasted walnut halves
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cookie crumbs, walnuts, and 3 tablespoons sugar in a food processor and pulse 3 or 4 times until combined; add butter and pulse 4 or 5 times, or until crumbly. Wrap the outside of a 10-inch springform pan with aluminum foil, then press cookie mixture into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool crust completely on a wire rack. Reduce oven heat to 325 degrees.
- 2Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer at medium speed 3 minutes, or until creamy. Gradually add brown sugar and the remaining 3/4 cup sugar, beating 4 minutes, or until blended.
- 3Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears. Add pumpkin, whipping cream, and pumpkin-pie spice. Beat on low speed of an electric mixer just until blended. Do not overbeat. Pour batter over prepared crust.
- 4Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until almost set (it will still jiggle in the center). Remove from oven; run a knife around edge of pan. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. Chill 8 hours or overnight. Garnish with walnut halves and serve with Caramel Sauce.
- 5Caramel Sauce: Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat; add brown sugar and corn syrup, then cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Gradually add cream, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cheesecake With Walnut-Ginger Crust and Caramel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1196.7
- Calories from Fat 653
- Total Fat 72.6 g
- Saturated Fat 37.3 g
- Cholesterol 293.9 mg
- Sodium 838.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 128.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 86.8 g
- Protein 14.9 g