Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This can also be made without the bourbon but it IS better with it. This cheesecake is very light and fluffy and not dense it has an extreme flavor, you will get many rave reviews when you serve this at your next dinner. When serving on plate drizzle with caramel sauce or a dollop of whipped cream. This is an outstanding and easy to make cheesecake, one you will be proud to serve. If you like an extreme spice flavor increase the cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger by 1/2 teaspoon. Just a hint... If you don't want to purchase a full bottle of bourbon, just purchase those little small about 1/3-cup bottles, the kind that they serve on airplanes, anywhere that wine or whiskey is sold, and use it for this recipe, it really kicks up the flavor big time! Plan ahead or a day before this cheesecake needs to chill for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight. I lightly drizzle my caramel sauce over the cheesecake slices (Kittencal's Brown Sugar Caramel Sauce or Ice Cream Topping) when serving on plates, or dollup with whipped cream.
- 177.44 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 118.29 ml finely chopped pecans
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml light brown sugar, packed
- 118.29 ml butter, melted and cooled
- 354.88 ml canned pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 118.29 ml light brown sugar, packed
- 29.58 ml whipping cream, unwhipped
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 29.58 ml bourbon liqueur (optional but good to add in) or 29.58 ml Bourbon (optional but good to add in)
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 14.78 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
- 4.92 ml ginger powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 3 (680.38 g) package cream cheese, room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the crust: stir together crumbs, pecans, both sugars and melted butter until well combined.
- Press the crumb mixture evenly into bottom and 1/2-inch up sides of pan. of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 8 minutes; remove and cool completely.
- Also the crust can be chilled for 1 hour instead of baking, but I think it holds together better when baked.
- For filling: Set oven to 350°F and set oven rack to middle position.
- In a medium bowl whisk together pumpkin puree, eggs, brown sugar, whipping cream, vanilla and liqueur (if using) until combined well.
- In a large bowl stir together white sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt.
- Add in the softened cream cheese and beat with an electric mixer at high speed until creamy and smooth (about 3-4 minutes).
- Reduce speed to medium and add in pumpkin mixture; beat until well combined and smooth.
- Pour filling into crust (smoothing the top).
- Place the springform pan on top of a shallow baking pan (just in case the springform leaks).
- Bake in center oven until center is just set (about 50-60 minutes).
- Transfer to a rack and cool for about 3 hours.
- Chill in refrigerator for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight (even better!).