Delicious Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie With Bourbon
- Ready In:
- Set oven to 375 degrees F (bottom oven rack).
- Place the pie shell into a glass 9-inch pie plate.
- In a medium mixing bowl cream the butter with sugar (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add in eggs, corn syrup, salt, bourbon and vanilla; mix on low speed with an electric mixer until well blended (about 2 minutes).
- Spread the pecans and chocolate chips in the bottom of the unbaked pie shell, then pour the filling over.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until set.
- Cool completely, or refrigerate.
- Slice and dollup with whipped cream on the slices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this with a ready made pie crust, it really set nicely, I usually have trouble with these kinds of pies setting properley, this one set perfectly. next time I will just use 1 tbsp bourbon, the flavor of the bourbon really came through, I made exactly as stated, it is a wonderful pie, and very rich. thank you.
I have made this pie for the past three years and haven't rated it yet, shame on me. My DH insists that I make this pie several times a year even though it is so rich, I would prefer not to...but he loves it just that much...I always give in because it is so very easy to make. My son made four of them one year, and he is a teenager. Everyone always says they taste the bourbon, right before they get another slice, lol.